Writer/director Tony Marsiglia (Sinful, Lust for Dracula) and acclaimed ‘underground' actress Misty Mundae (Shock-O-Rama, Sinful) team up once again to deliver a remake of the shocking cult oddity from 1969. Chantal is a tragic and terrifying portrait of a young actress victimized at the hands of modern-day Hollywood.
Chantal (Misty Mundae) has just arrived in Los Angeles, California to become a movie star. Beautiful, naïve and dangerously delusional, she wanders the boulevards looking for her first big break. There she meets Tracy (Julian Wells) – an actress-turned-prostitute – and the two of them begin an uneasy intimate relationship. Tracy warns of the harsh realities lurking beyond the glamorous façade of Hollywood, but Chantal's innocence makes her easy prey for monsters that inhabit the dark underbelly of the film business. Viciously exploited by these human vultures, Chantal inches ever closer to an abyss of humiliation and hopelessness. Only Tracy stands between this once fresh-faced beauty and her shattered dreams…but she might be powerless to do anything.
Disc 1 Details:
- Chantal (color - 2007) Directed by Tony Marsiglia – 97min
- Commentary with producer Michael Raso and director Tony Marsiglia
- Commentary with star Misty Mundae and director Tony Marsiglia
- The Making of Chantal – 11min
- Chantal Camera Test – 2 min
- Misty Mundae Trailer Vault
Disc 2 Details:
- Chantal (bw - 1969) Directed by Nick Philips – 60min
- Commentary with director Nick Philips and 42nd Street Pete
- Interview with Nick Philips – 5min
- Bonus Featurette: These Girls Are Fools (bw - 1956) – 20min
- Nick Philips Trailer Vault
- Full Color Booklet with Liner Notes by Film Critic Ed Grant